Group Exercise Leader Scope of Practice
The AFLCA Group Exercise Leader is certified to:
- Lead a safe land exercise group* by providing effective and appropriate exercises in order to meet the needs of participants.
- Lead exercise groups that are based on AFLCA standards and NFLA guidelines.
- Incorporate the use of appropriate portable equipment based on identified or implied needs of the participants.
- Use the Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating, Canada’s Physical Activity Guide to Healthy Active Living, and Par-Q+.
- Lead participants that are apparently healthy.
* A group is defined as a leader-facilitated exercise session.
AFLCA - Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association
NFLA - National Fitness Leadership Association
Par-Q+ - Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
Copyright AFLCA - written permission is required for reproduction.