Apply to run a certification course.
We are passionate about standards and professionalism for exercise professionals. Only qualified Fitness Alberta Trainers and approved facilities can run Fitness Alberta certification courses. Please fill out all of the required information on our online form to run Fitness Alberta certification courses.
To complete the application, you will need to complete a detailed course outline to upload with the application form.
- Sample course outline
- Blank course outline (Required fillable word document to upload with your application)
Apply for the course you want to offer:
- Foundations in physical activity and exercise
- Group Exercise Fundamentals
- Aquatic Exercise
- Fitness for the Older Adult
- Resistance Exercise
- Group Exercise Designation course, e.g., cycle, mind-body, step, choreography, portable equipment
2023 Recommended course application timelines
- February 27: for courses running May-August 31
- June 30: for courses running September 1- December 31
- October 31: for courses running January 1 - April 30 (2023)
Course applications can be submitted at any time throughout the year, these are recommended timelines only as we review and approve course applications weekly on a first-come, first-served basis. A note: if the same course is running in your region on the same or similar dates, your course may not be approved. You can choose to run a different course, or to reschedule the course for a later date. Please check upcoming certification course listings to see what courses are scheduled in your area.
When your course is done
For each approved course you will need to submit a course roster once your course is completed. This lets us know which candidates have successfully completed your course, and who can then proceed to write their exam. Please direct your participants to complete a course evaluation form once they have completed their course.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.