Instructors are responsible for providing participants with quality fitness experiences through customer service excellence, contributing to team success and trusted empowerment & self-leadership.
Our Mission: MNP Community & Sport Centre is passionate about sport, people, and community.
Our Vision and Values: We are a world-class sport and fitness facility that inspires individuals and athletes to achieve their goals and dreams. We achieve this through the people who work here, and through our values of safety, legendary service, excellence, and innovation. MNP Community & Sport Centre empowers its people to continually exceed the expectations of our members, creating meaningful and unique experiences, which sets us apart from the competition.
We are currently recruiting instructors for various classes, including (but not limited to):
- Spin & Choreographed Spin
- Older Adult
Reports to: Fitness & Training Manager
What’s In It for You:
- Free facility access based on hours worked plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services.
- Employee recognition program.
- Annual staff events including BBQs, Corporate Challenge, December holiday party and many more.
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away.
What You’ll Do:
Customer Service Excellence:
- Provide legendary service to the participants of Group Fitness classes by setting up equipment and testing the sound system prior to the start time indicated on the schedule (minimum 15 minutes prior to class start time)
- Lead the participants through a safe and effective class by following guidelines within your scope of practice.
- Welcome new participants to the class by making yourself available before and after class to answer questions regarding the program
- Ensure that the experience of the participant is a primary focus when planning and leading the class
- Ensure that each class includes a proper warm-up, cool down, stretch and adequate recovery periods between exercise sets and/or dirlls.
- Accommodate various levels of fitness within the class by providing modifications to specific exercises within the class.
- Be accountable for the setup and take down of equipment required for the class, including the stereo system and making sure batteries are recharging.
- Email the Manager when there are equipment concerns
- Be open to feedback that is provided and take suggestions into consideration when facilitating a class
- Ensure the sound volume is maintained at a safe standard for the duration of the class
Contributing to Team Success:
- Establish positive working relationships within the team and other departments to ensure a cohesive working environment.
- Attend quarterly in-services and meetings to ensure that you stay up to date on information relevant to the position
- Assist with the evaluation of the Group Fitness classes by providing the manager feedback and recommendations.
- Maintain effective communication with other program instructors and team members by responding to information in a timely manner.
- Assist the Group Fitness instructors by subbing for classes as needed
- Checking and responding to MNP Community & Sport Centre emails and communications
Trusted Empowerment & Self Leadership:
- Understand and apply all emergency procedures related to group fitness classes and ensure all incidents that occur during classes are communicated through appropriate reporting procedures
- Familiarize yourself with the policies and procedure outlined for group fitness classes and ensure that all supporting procedures are practiced on a continuous basis
- Inform the Manager of changes to your availability that impact your ability to facilitate classes in a timely manner
- Ensure payroll is up to date by completing the timesheet
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed decisions regarding the group fitness classes and ensure follow up with participants that are impacted
Demonstrate understanding of how the portal is used and promote within classes
Requirements and qualifications
- Group Fitness Certification i.e. AFLCA (Group Fitness Fundamentals)
- Complimentary certification related to your experience
- Ensure all renewals are completed according to renewal requirements for specified specialty.
- CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years)-required before employment can commence.
Experience and skills:
- Minimum of one year experience instructing a Group Fitness class
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- High energy level and enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and changing environment.
- Patient, enthusiastic and motivating.
- Proven track record working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with the public in a courteous, efficient and professional manner.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We value the uniqueness and perspectives of all employees and are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives to create a feeling of belonging for all of our team members at MNP Community & Sport Centre. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. MNP Community & Sport Centre provides support in its recruitment process to candidates with disabilities; including accommodation, that takes into account candidates’ accessibility needs. Please connect with our Human Resources team if you require accommodation within the recruitment process.
All candidates applying to MNP Community & Sport Centre must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Visit our website to apply