Find all of the current updates Fitness Alberta has pertaining to COVID-19.
This page is to keep you updated during the COVID crisis on changes and policy concerning your certification. We will continue to notify you via this website, our E-news, and social media.
GOA Public Health Measures and AHS guidelines
- Use this link to access the most recent Government of Alberta public health measures
- Use this link to access the most recent Alberta Health Services guidelines and information about COVID 19”
Questions on How to recertify?
AFLCA exercise professionals can obtain their entire 12 CECs (20 CECs for CPFTs) for recertification through online education when needed. We have expanded our roster of online courses, and webinars. These will continue to be offered as part of our ongoing operations. Our fall line up will be announced soon.
- Check out our upcoming CECs on our website
Practical Assessments are required for initial certifications and first recertifications of each Specialty. If in person classes are not available, assessments can be completed via live stream or pre-recorded video from home with friends or family.
Here’s what you need to do to complete a virtual practical assessments (live or recorded video)
1. Contact an AFLCA trainer educator or assistant trainer educator to set up your assessment.
2. You can live-stream or make a pre-recorded video (requirements are below)
3. Complete the assessment, receive feedback and the forms from your trainer - educator.
4. Submit the forms with certification or recertification documents.
• Minimum – 45 minute class/session
• Leader must be in view at all times so instruction techniques can be seen
• Minimum – 2 participants (who are 14 years and older): these can be family members, friends, etc.
• Music should not overpower the leader’s voice
• New participants/clients must complete an informed consent and PAR-Q+
• Must be performed within AHS social distancing guidelines
Here is a list of locations open for CPR courses (online CPR is not accepted; blended and in-person are accepted):