Online exam FAQs
Online booking video
To help you book your exam, watch this video.
Are all Fitness Alberta exams online?
Yes. To increase access across Alberta and the NWT, we have partnered with Meazure Learning-Proctor U to deliver online exams.
What format are the exams?
All our exams are multiple choice.
How many questions are on exams?
Foundations in Physical Activity and Exercise 60,
Group exercise 40–60,
Certified Fitness Trainer 80
Certification Exam Process
What grade do I need to pass?
A minimum 80% is required to pass all exams
Can I write the exam more than once?
You can write a supplemental exam if you don’t achieve 80%, exam fees apply for each attempt.
How long do I have to write my exam?
Foundations in Physical Activity and Exercise 60 minutes
Group Exercise 60 minutes
Certified Fitness Trainer 90 minutes
What does the exam day process look like?
Find out what to expect in this video.
When will I receive my exam results?
Here is a step-by-step video to help you schedule your exam.
I need to cancel my exam registration. What do I do?
- Cancellations and rescheduling require 48-hour notice, otherwise you will forfeit your scheduled exam, booking and exam fees.
- To cancel, log into your candidate profile on Measure, view Exam Lists and select the option "Withdrawal."
How can I change my exam registration date and time?
To change, log into your candidate profile on Meazure Learning, view Exam Lists and select the option "Transfer." Scheduled exams can be changed up until 48 hours before the exam. *(note, this is an exact time frame. For example, you can't reschedule your exam 47 hours prior to the start time without having to forfeit your fees.)
If I need to reschedule, does my online exam expire after a certain period of time?
Your online exam is open to you during your certification timeline. If you go past past this date, booking and exam fees are forfeited.
If I’m unable to attend my scheduled exam, can I receive a refund for my exam registration?
Unfortunately, we do not issue refunds for exams. If there are special circumstances you’d like us to consider and review, email Info@aflca.ca
What kind of computer do I need?
- Exams can't be written on tablets, phones or chromebooks.
- It is extremely important to TEST YOUR SYSTEM to ensure that you have no difficulties writing your exam.
- Confirm your system requirements on the Meazure Learning FAQ page here . (Scroll down to "Common Questions: How do I test my system for online proctor requirements")
My computer system doesn’t meet the requirements. What can I do?
Please contact us at email@example.com if you know your system does not meet requirements to write an online exam.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org