AFLCA Resistance Exercise Leader Scope of Practice
The AFLCA certified Resistance Exercise Leader is able to:
- Lead a safe exercise session by providing effective and appropriate exercises in order to meet the needs of participants.
- Provide weight room monitoring and equipment orientation.
- Lead exercise groups that are based on AFLCA standards and NFLA guidelines.
- Lead introductory resistance exercise programs.
- Lead participants that are apparently healthy.
- Use the Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating, Canada’s Physical Activity Guide to Healthy Active Living, and Par-Q+.
AFLCA - Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association
NFLA - National Fitness Leadership Alliance
Par-Q+ - Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
Copyright AFLCA - written permission required for reproduction