Strength & Conditioning Trainer is an advanced certification* for qualified personal trainers. The program was developed and reviewed by academic and athletic sport training faculty at University of Alberta Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport and Recreation, and York University, Faculty of Kinesiology.
The course provides you the skills and knowledge you'll need to develop and monitor strength and conditioning training to youth through adults of all fitness levels.
Strength and Conditioning is open to all qualified personal trainers*. You must complete the course, practical assessment and exam requirement to earn Fitness Alberta Strength and Conditioning Trainer certification.
*The prerequisite for this course is Fitness Alberta Personal Fitness Trainer certification or equivalent.
What you will learn:
- Developmental physiology from youth to adult as it applies to strength and conditioning
- Applied training protocols for strength and conditioning: Why, where, when and how to apply strength and conditioning training
- Injury prevention and management
- Advanced assessment protocols
- Strength and conditioning program development
What you will earn:
- Advanced certification and an expanded scope of practice specific to strength and conditioning training for youth and adults
- Professional insurance specific to strength and conditioning training for youth and adults
- Advancement opportunities as a qualified, insured, strength and conditioning trainer for youth and adult populations